Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Introduction

Hey..Thought I would write a blog about being a male knitter. I started just over a year ago. My daughter wanted to learn so she asked me if I could learn how and teach her. I used "You Tube" for my lessons. Now, I am knitting all the time while she does occassionally. Thought it might be interesting to talk about a man knitting in a world predominantly filled with woman. Over the past year I have knit about 10 pairs of socks for family, hats, mittens, gloves, blankets and sweaters. Actually at this point I think that I am a bit addicted. I have also taught a lesson at the LYS on Contintental knitting. My mother was a fanatastic knitter and laughed when I brought her a pair of handknitted socks. She loves them so since I have made another. My favourite sport is football and I coach a womans flag football team. Most sundays you can find me knitting and watching football all day. Anyways, thats about it for know as this is my first attempt at blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment